Busy, busy, busy, but we are looking for frugal wins where we can find them.
Saving on things we buy
- Picked up two packages of the boys favorite cheese burgers (Costco, freezer section for a quick meal) on sale. They were $4 off/package, which makes them an even better deal.
- Used iBotta & Fetch to save a bit off of our grocery purchase (saved $6.10 off of a $29 purchase).
- I continue to list & sell things on eBay. Things sold this week include:
- A makeup sample from a gifted subscription box
- I sold 140 CDs & DVDs through Decluttr. You don't get much, but these are now out of my house. We've been storing them for 10 years, so the money is gravy, vs storing them.
- I went to a yard sale to pick up looms for my donation crafting, and noticed a Waterford crystal candy dish on the "free" table. Picked it up to list on eBay
- Sam wanted to buy a pastel shirt for a "pastel" themed birthday party. Instead, I pulled something out of my eBay pile (new, to boot) & he wore that instead
- For the same party, Sam wanted to buy a couple of packages of tennis balls to give to a friend who is just picking up the game. I remembered that M bought Nick a giant, multi pack set of balls. We have a bunch of unopened packages, so we were able to use those instead of buying more.
- A neighbor gave me an unopened box of my favorite tea (she tried another box & didn't like it)
- A neighbor dropped of 13 lbs of lemons on my porch. We'd just finished juicing all of our current lemons, but she picked several hundred pounds & was in a clamor to find them a good home. More juicing ahead for us!
Eating what we have
- Used radish greens for a dinner vegetable (used the radishes for a salad). Sauteed them with olive oil, garlic salt & red pepper. I didn't try them, but M says they were delicious. I planted the radishes from seeds, so I'm thrilled to be able to use up even more of the plant.
- Used garden cilantro for a double batch of pico de gallo, & curry
- Used garden jalapenos in the pico de gallo
- Cut spinach for a dinner, and used the rest of the baby bok choy to sautee with M's salmon
- Weekly volunteer job
- Listed a few other items on local Buy Nothing
- Gave away a bunch of CDs & DVDs via Buy Nothing
What about you? Any frugal wins, or things for others? Share & inspire us! :-)