March was the month where the boys activities picked up quite a bit & we adjusted a a busier life again. There have been a lot of adjustments, as sports conflicted (school soccer & club soccer are typically intentionally during opposite seasons, but due to COVID, are happening simultaneously). It's all good, and this is a brief period of time, but it's busy, busy, busy!
Our big win for the month was finally getting our mortgage to the 1/2 way point.
Here's how I did on my goals for March:
- Stick to the budget - Yes! We did well on both dining out & groceries this month. I'm very happy about this, as it's been tough to bring our grocery budget back under control during COVID.
- Make $400 in side hustle - I ended at $386, which I'm happy with
- No clothing purchases for myself - I bought two very needed new bras, and two new dresses. After losing weight, i replaced a few & donated a couple of others.
- Pay down our mortgage to the half way point - YES!! Done! I'm now working on the next milestone of 75%.
- Plan & budget or the next house project - we know we're going to add shelving in the garage, but haven't gotten further than that.
- Plan one fun activity with the kids - so, so many soccer games. We need a family game night soon
- Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - mostly, minus reading
- One "date" with M - yes, we went to lunch & a wine tasting during our bonus vacation day
- Make a video for M's parents, or send photos - sent pictures
- Finalize summer plans - about 1/2 way there, thanks to some unexpected changes (more on this in April goals post)
- Lose 3 lbs - I lost 2
- Run 10 times - yes, 10 exactly
- Track calories, eat a balanced diet - I struggled more with this in March & need to figure out better strategies to dealing with stress that don't involve eating the kids Easter candy
- Complete 1,300 minutes of cardio, & daily strength & posture challenges - 1,375 of cardio, & I'd give myself an 85% success rate on the strength & posture
- Meditate 15 times - 13/15
- Intermittent fasting, 3x/week - missed one, but otherwise all good
- Practice Spanish at least 20 days - yes
- Do something social with friends - yes, I did a few hikes & an outdoor meet up with a few other friends, plus a virtual happy hour
- Daily check ins & support of volunteer job - yes
- Write & journal regularly. Try fiction writing for at least 30 minutes - yes
- Shoot for no swearing for the month - I've had a couple of curse worth days, but otherwise yes
- Crafty - finish two more hats for the homeless - no progress
- Achieve a total of 400 "points" on my daily checklists - I came close, with 395
- Continue to look for opportunities to help others daily - yes, & I liked the renewed focus. I donated to a charity a neighbor was gathering items for, made a few financial donations, signed another charity up to receive a corporate match, and helped someone find a vaccine.
- Find a new date for our girls trip - yes
That's it for me! How did you do with your March goals? Are you happy with your progress?