It was a relatively quiet frugal week. Here's what we were up to.
Saving on things we buy
- Bought Sam lunch after a soccer game, and used a $2 reward at Subway
- Used $7 of rewards for the grocery store to buy berries & a few other Easter items. Also picked up the Friday Freebie (Vitamin Water), which one of the kids must have enjoyed before it even got home.
- Uploaded all of our receipts to Fetch & saved $.20 on the purchase above via iBotta.
- Ebay & other sales
- Two makeup samples
- Two books
- Our old gaming system
- A box of books & an old iPod to Decluttr (it's an app)
- Redeemed 2200 Swagbucks for a $25 Amazon gift card
- I couldn't find a spring form baking pan over the weekend, so borrowed one from a neighbor to make a cheesecake for Easter
Eating what we have
- Used grilled chicken (freezer) to make a few quick dinners
- Added bananas from the freezer to muffins to make M gluten free muffins, that also had no sugar. I personally am not a fan, but he's enjoying them
- I needed to thin radishes that were planted too close together, and a few of them were big enough to use on a salad. Also, picked one lonely cherry tomato off of a plant that's still hanging on from last season.
- Continued volunteer work
- Did some research on Medicare scams, as unfortunately, my disabled aunt was caught up in a scam. I'm trying to help my mom sort out best way to move forward in a really challenging situation.
That's all for us. What about you? What frugal wins did you have this week?