Another busy week, complete. It's been pretty fun to see the boys resume sports & activities & get ready for "back to school", but it's added a lot of overhead to my day. Some of it is adjusting to my "pre-COVID" life, and another part is that going back to school looks quite different right now, with many adjusted schedules & ramp back weeks, so a lot to catch up on & understand.
Here are our frugal wins for the week.
Saving on things we buy
- Used grocery store rewards to cover the cost of 5 lbs of ground beef, which I divided up for the freezer. Got a $.10 iBotta credit for any grocery purchase
- Used a "one free item" coupon at our local Chick Fil A. I also bought two lunches, and made sure to scan my reward card for future discounts.
- Saved $3.75 with iBotta on Easter purchases
- I submitted email on a product concern & received a $10 debit card back. I activated it & tried to use it at Amazon, & no dice. Spent the time to track down the issue with the debit card bank, got it resolved, and bought a $10 Amazon gift card with it, so I wouldn't forget to use it before it expired. Immediately applied it to my Amazon account.
- Tracked down $11.32 in missing Rakuten credit
- My sales have picked up a bit. Here's what I sold last week:
- A Bodum tea press, that my husband had for 20+ years and never uses (doesn't drink tea any more). I found this in the back of the kitchen cabinet in our remodel, and set it aside. Five months later, it sold. Patience for the win.
- A crystal creamer & sugar set. I've decided I'm not that type of entertainer, so listed these on FB marketplace (too heavy to ship, given the price) & again, they sold at least 8 weeks after I'd listed them.
- A Christmas ornament
- A work out shirt that's too big for M
- A medal from a race. I'm not a medal keeper, and am always surprised when these sell
- A suit that no longer fits M
- Another tea insert (Teavana). I'm lazy & prefer bagged tea vs loose leaf
- A tshirt Nick didn't like
- 3 pieces of crystal (FB marketplace). To the same buyer who bought the cream & sugar set.
- Received a $25 refund for an old calling plan I'd forgotten I had.
- Cashed out $20.50 from iBotta
- I picked up a bike mechanic book for Nick off of the local Buy Nothing group. He's thrilled
- Used a Target gift card to pick up Easter items. We'll do a small egg hunt for the boys in our yard, as per our tradition. I picked up candy to put in the eggs. I also picked up the items I need to make a Basque (crustless) cheesecake for dessert.
Eating what we have
- Shredded the cabbage I found on a great sale before St. Patrick's Day. Added shredded carrots to make my own coleslaw mix for Egg Roll in a Bowl, and a Keto friendly coleslaw
- Noticed a few leftover protein bars in our pantry, with an upcoming expiration date. Had one for a quick breakfast ahead of a soccer drop off.
- Used an (almost last) Italian chicken sausage with a salad for lunch. One left in the freezer.
- I was able to use cilantro from the garden for a recipe this week. Cilantro is one of the spices we use the most, so it's great that our plant has really taken off.
- Picked oranges to juice for Easter mimosas.
- Continued volunteer job
- Listed & gave away a few things on the local Buy Nothing group