- Stick to the budget. - We've done okay in this one. We're well over in a few categories, including ones we decided to intentionally change (travel, as I added a few trips for my sabbatical) & those where it's been unintentional & the result of higher than expected spending. I'm giving us a yellow. I'm hoping we can be more intentional in the second half of the year. We knew the first half would be expensive, as we had a bunch of house projects planned, etc.
- Come up with a "pay off our house model - we have a few options that we can choose from depending on factors we can't predict right now (how long each of us will work, etc), but the plans are built.
- Every month, come up with a way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis. - this has mostly happened, although I'm pretty sure I missed a month.
- Model out a 3, 5 & 10 year financial plans. - We have a bunch of options going, but we are largely aligned on the plans.
- Spend $250 or less on clothing for me & track all purchases- Fail. I stopped tracking items (still tracking the budget). I'd say, ignoring two pair of running shoes, I'm at around $300 for the year.
2) Family - spend more time together as a family!
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. - This has been happening! We skied, flew kites on the beach, went to a soccer tournament, went mountain biking, played games, cooked together, etc.
- Be more present with the kids & M - this is also going well. I've been trying to get off the computer by 7:45 each night, and have been largely successful.
- Have two dates with M per month - mostly on track. We've had a long weekend together, a few lunches, and a few date nights.
3) Fitness/health - lose 15 pounds, bringing my weight to 142. - I made great progress in May, & ate too much on vacation in June!
- Make running a consistent part of my life. Run a half marathon in under 2:25. - I've been running reasonably consistently, as long as I'm training. When I'm not, I stop all together, so still more work to do. And, I was just over this time (bathroom & fuel breaks), so the timing goal rolls into my October half. I've run 38 times this year. I'd like this to be more like 12x/month, so more progress to come.
- Track calories, eat five servings of fruit & veggies/day. - I'm at a 95% success rate for this.
- Work out 365 times in 2019. - I'm at 166 workouts for the year, so trending just a little behind, but have made progress since my sabbatical started.
- Meditate 100 times - I'm at 22, so way off track.
4) Work/career - improve my work life balance
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress until I leave - I mostly did this, despite a lot of drama
- Take a sabbatical - absolutely!
- Decide on returning to work part time - I have a plan mostly in place. Details to come.
- Cut my own hair - probably not going to do this in 2019.
- Make time for friends, do something social at least one per month. - I've been crushing this, particularly on my sabbatical.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month - no, this hasn't happened. I need to find flexible options.
- Write/journal consistently - I've been journaling quite a bit in 2019 & really enjoy it.
Well, looking through everything, I'm feeling pretty good about where I'm at. I know I need to focus on meditation, running, & staying on top of the budget! What about you? How are you doing against your 2019 goals?