We received a full price offer on our vacation house, and have now signed a contract! There are still steps along the way, but feeling really good about that progress.
Saving on things we buy
- Uploaded our receipts to Fetch, and earned $1.90 in offers on iBotta at Costco (strawberries & pico de gallo + a bonus for completing any offer)
- I had to buy Sam a few new items of clothing (growing kiddos), and used a $5 Old Navy reward, plus an online promo code, and remembered to use the remainder of a gift card. I also clicked through Rakuten before making my purchase, so I will earn a small amount in cash back.
- I continued to list & sell things on eBay, including the following:
- Two workout shirts that are too big for M
- Two books about the Oregon coast (brought home from our vacation house)
- A shoe dust cloth, from a pair of designer shoes (I've had the shoes for 10+ years, but have never used the dust cloth)
- A set of 15 books I picked up from a freebie table. I was surprised they sold for $25, and now I have 15 items out of the house! Major win
- Sold two stickers (from motorcycle parts? I think they are used to "decorate" a motorcycle) that I discovered in M's VHS box. So, they are pretty vintage by now. ;-)
- A sunglasses "kit" that came with Sam's sunglasses he asked me to sell last week.
- A shirt that no longer fits M
- Earned $56 in Rakuten, and will apply the full rebate to our mortgage (this is what I do with all "found"/earned money)
- Received $36 back from a Decluttr sale (movies, a few books & an old iPod). Like the Rakuten money, will apply towards our mortgage
- Found $.01 on the ground while walking. Earning money & working out, again for the win
- In non-earning money news, USPS lost another package. It happens with alarming frequency.
- Picked up the Friday Freebie at the grocery store (oat milk). I use almond milk in my coffee, so when that runs out, I'll try the oat milk.
- Nick & I made hot dog buns out of ingredients we had on hand, vs buying at the store
Eating what we have
- Used two pizzas out of the freezer for Friday night dinner. (One cauliflower crust, one regular.) Added pepperoni (also from the freezer). We had to eat late due to Nick's tennis lesson, so I made panko shrimp (freezer) & served it with a dipping sauce leftover from our takeout Greek meal on Thursday. It was a nice "use up what you have" meal.
- Continued using up things from the garden: spinach, radishes, radish greens, & lots of herbs: basil/Greek basil, mint, oregano, parsley, cilantro. I hope the tomatoes & peppers come up soon.
- Finished off the last of freezer breakfast burritos, as lunch one day. I thought they were all gone, but a freezer excavation turned one up.
- Had Sam finish the last of the breakfast bowls, mostly to free up extra freezer space, but also ensuring no waste.
- Gave away a bunch of stuff on Buy Nothing
- Came up with some ideas of how to repurpose middle school (logo'd, mandatory) kids PE clothes, so they can be donated next year to those who need them. Otherwise, it's just so wasteful!
- Continued daily check in & support at the non-profit I help out