Now, I have COVID, so I'm staying home & trying to rest. Some of these things were done before I was sick.
Saving on things we buy
- I used some rewards to offset the cost of an item for Sam, and added in an inexpensive shirt, to qualify for free shipping. The shirt itself was "free" vs paying for shipping.
- Converted $37 of loose change into an Amazon gift card. Change was found while cleaning out the boys room. They both owed me a bit of money, so this offset that, much to their delight, since I did most of the work ;-)
- Used an iBotta offer for popsicles, when I wasn't feeling well
- Used a grocery store gift card to pick up a few things we needed here & there
- Continued listing things on eBay, & sold two makeup sample bags & one of M's shirts
- Finally had enough points in Fetch to redeem for a $10 Amazon gift card, so now have that added to my account
- Picked up the Friday Freebie (a 1.5 liter of sparkling water) at the grocery store
- Used flight credit to buy flights for my parents in October (they are coming to watch the kids while we are on a trip for our anniversary)
- Used a gift card to have lunch delivered on Tuesday, when I had a high fever. It was a splurge that I very much appreciated. The soup totally hit the spot.
- Also used a gift card for M to pick up dinner one night, when I couldn't cook. It's a double win, because I'm also trying to work through the gift card stash, & we have lots of leftovers.
Eating what we have
- Ate leftovers for lunch (the chicken curry rice dish was so fabulous as leftovers)
- Made grilled zucchini out of garden zucchini
- Used applesauce (from the freezer, since last fall) to replace a missing ingredient in muffins. That muffin recipe also used up 1/2 a bag of frozen cranberries.
- Ate a burger that had been in the freezer for quite some time.
- Lots of garden items, still being used: lemons, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, zucchini, basil, mint, etc.
- Invested a lot of time in my leadership course. Once that's complete, I can serve on a non-profit advisory board for a university. On the positive side, I was able to use some of my sick days to listen to some of the content, and I made really good progress.
- Gave away a bunch of stuff on Buy Nothing (8 bags of things on the porch!)
What about you? Any wins to share?