I'm experimenting with a new type of post, that's more fitness related. Mostly for my own purposes, but maybe it will be helpful for others as well. I'll probably tweak the format here & there, but here goes. I get into a real rut with my workouts, so this helps
Workouts for the week:
- Monday - 90 minutes of elliptical
- Tuesday - 90 minutes of elliptical + 60 minute yoga class
- Wednesday - 20 minutes on the treadmill + 60 minute spin class
- Thursday - 90 minutes of elliptical
- Friday - 5 mile run. My first run in a long time. The consistency of my other workouts must be paying off, because it was a really great run, and much longer than I'd normally be able to go, on a first run out.
- Saturday - 60 minute Orange Theory class (combination of strength, rowing & running)
- Sunday - 100 minutes of elliptical
I don't do well coming back from vacation. I'm usually in a bit of a funk, & eat like I'm still on vacation for at least 1-2 days. I used to also not work out, but I've broken that bad habit. I did, however, eat ice cream & had some brownies & other junk. My body doesn't appreciate it, and my clothes feel tight, particularly after a week of vacation eating.
- Snacking in the evening
- Not as many vegetables/fruit as I would like
- My 5 mile run
- A decent mix of workouts, throughout the week
- Hitting my workout goals (cardio minutes, calories burned, & standing) all week
Things I want to focus on next week
I want to run more, and get back to balanced eating.
And, for my June summary, I had 62 workouts (some are just short walks), for a total of 56 hours of working out, burning 17,127 calories.
What about you? Any health or fitness goals you want to share, or are working on?