Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Workout Roundup

I'm still working on getting my energy back, so my workouts were much more mellow than usual (dialed back time & intensity).  

Workouts for the week

  • Monday - 1 hour elliptical
  • Tuesday - 1 hour elliptical + short walk
  • Wednesday - 1 hour elliptical + 2.5 mile walk
  • Thursday - 1 hour elliptical + short walk
  • Friday - 1 hour elliptical + short walk
  • Saturday - 4.5 mile walk. I tried to run a bit, but it was mostly a walk
  • Sunday - 90 minute elliptical + short walk

Eating

My eating has really been quite so so. It's a common challenge for me. When I'm not feeling well, I crave easy carbs (bread, sugar, & the like). 

Lowlights

Definitely not having my energy back entirely.

Highlights

I'm feeling much better this week than last week, which feels like a step in the right direction!

Things I want to focus on this week

Mix up my workouts a bit, and continue to improve my eating. Get plenty of rest. 


What about you? How are you doing with your health?

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are better, and an hour on the elliptical is lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A year or so, I would have thought this was great! I've enjoyed pushing myself more, but sometimes I become overly focused on it.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to say getting a morning walk is helping me, but the dog walks so slow it's nothing. It takes a while to regain energy after Covid, but the good thing is you are on the right side of it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I've been pretty tired, although I know so many people who can't do even a short walk for months. I feel pretty lucky that it's more of a slow down, and even that feels like it's getting better.

      Delete
  3. Well, no real exercise here other the the normal run around the house, but I eat pretty well most days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating well is the huge gift. Good for your body, keeps your weight in check, and minimizes the need for lots of working out.

      Delete
  4. You are steadily building up your workouts. Taking it slow and easy is the key.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete