Once again, I'm late this month. I blame my Tokyo trip, as I feel like I missed the transition between months this time. Oh well, better late than never!
Here's how I did with my goals this month.
- Stick to our budget - yes, we're mostly on track
- Progress towards side hustle goals - yes, I've made a bit here & there, and also made progress towards using up my gift cards.
- Work with M on some budget management stuff - we've had a few chats to align on what will happen after I quit. More to do here, but generally heading in the right direction
- Inventory gift cards - yes, done!
- Continue to list items on eBay/FB, & go through all eBay inventory - nope. Didn't get this done.
- Plan one fun activity with the kids - we did a bunch of fun stuff in Bend, but things have been pretty crazy since we've been back home & started school
- Sign Nick up for a permit appointment - done, it's coming up in a few weeks
- Help Sam with driving practice, & sign him up for the test - done, coming up in October
- Have two dates with M - I can't remember, which is a pretty sure sign that we didn't. However, we've been making the most of mini breaks at the house, when both boys are gone for a bit.
- Plan a call with M's family (or, pictures/videos) - lots of pictures were sent, and M has spoken to his parents quite a bit, as they were very sick with COVID (they are recovering now).
- Adjust to back to school + sports schedules - as much as we can, yes!
- Post weekly workout summaries - I've had to combine a few, but done (and/or, scheduled & written!)
- Stay healthy on international work trip - I give myself a B-. It's not as good as when I'm at home, due to inevitable lower energy. But, overall, I do what I can.
- Beat July's calorie burned goals - Yes, I was at 14,310 vs July's 12,516.
- Close rings 20 days - exactly 20 times
- Take advantage of workout classes - I'm continuing to take classes at the work gym, when I'm in the office.
- Meditate 5x - No, & I need to get back to this
- Lose 2 lbs - I maintained this month
- Do something social with friends - lots of meeting up for workout classes
- Start advisory role - yes, although it's a slower start than expected
- More thinking on "post career work" life/goals - Yes, & I gave (a long) notice to my manager, as we were in Tokyo together.
Overall, I'd call it a successful month, particularly with back to school, & a work trip added in. How about you? How did you do with your goals for the month?
I appreciate the lack of time to meditate. Sometimes trying to just sit and reflect is near impossible with all the noise around us. I hope you get better opportunity in September.ReplyDelete
Meditation was recommended for me recently too. I picked up a meditation book at a sale recently and have been using it this week. I’m hoping it will ground me, so I can relax more instead of being wound up about things that need doing around here.ReplyDelete
I am having severe work stress and it is not anything I have control of over the situation. Although this work is always stressful, this particular stressor came out of left field. I am re-evaluating my plane to keep working, at least at current situation. So, this affects all goals so this month stunk. Sigh. Cindy in the SouthReplyDelete
Great job, just realized I had no August goals and I did shit on July and now it is the middle of Sept. I think I might have been really busy!ReplyDelete