The weekend is whizzing by. I'm trying to find that balance of relaxing & enjoying myself, while still being productive.
Yesterday was good - lots of driving & soccer, but that's the season we are in. ;-) Sam helped me by doing a bunch of driving (I'm still required, to supervise). All three soccer games were a win yesterday, which is always a treat. I reflected on the fact that neither of my kids has ever really been injured in a game, and given how much soccer has been played, how lucky we've gotten. Sam had a minor knee injury yesterday, but was able to walk it off, and play again. Most of their friends have missed numerous games at some point over the course of soccer, so we feel lucky that they've stayed so healthy.
It was cooler yesterday (high 80s), but the smoke is getting worse from nearby fires. Here's hoping it 1) gets put out safely 2) stays away from our area. The heat/smoke combo is my least favorite part of fall, and has really made the season unbearable in many ways.
As for today:
- I was waitlisted for my favorite workout class. I opted to move to the early class (despite not wanting to set an alarm), & sure enough, got into the 8:15 class for today.
- Nick has a reffing game
- I'll be taking Nick to an afternoon soccer game
- Sam has driving lessons
- M is grilling burgers
- I received a sample copy of the hotel activities for our upcoming anniversary trip in Hawaii, so I want to review that with M, and talk about what we might want to include in our activities budget.
- Laundry. Ever so much laundry.
- A bunch of our plants didn't survive last week's heat wave, so I need to get those cleaned up & removed
- Tasks for Nick's upcoming permit test: fill out application, gather residency requirements, & remind lazy teen to take the practice tests.
- We've been doing "college trivia" each night at dinner, which really just means that I research a college, and a few interesting tidbits about it (most popular majors, admission rates, fun facts, etc) & share with the kids. It's been interesting, & led to a lot of really fun discussions about different schools.