Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Workout Roundup

 I'm trying to get back into a regular routine. It always takes me a bit of time, after traveling.

Workouts for the week

  • Monday - 1 hour of elliptical
  • Tuesday -  50 minute elliptical, wedged between a bunch of other activities
  • Wednesday - 2 mile walk + spin class
  • Thursday - 1 mile run + spin class
  • Friday - 45 minutes of elliptical. I had early calls, & by the time I got to working out, it was HOT!
  • Saturday - 1 hour of elliptical + some walking at soccer
  • Sunday - Orange Theory class

Eating - my eating was definitely better this week. My snacking was more under control. Not being exhausted from lack of sleep/jet lag definitely helps me make better choices.

Lowlights - still having a little candy at work, after lunch. If I can eliminate this, it would really clean up my overall eating. 

Highlights - it's always really hard for me to get back into a routine, post travel. I did pretty well kicking myself into gear this time. 

Focus for the week ahead - I'd like to reduce my calories by about 100/day, in order to lose the few pounds I collected over the summer. I'm all about the slow & steady, mindful & sustainable changes.

What about you? How did you do with your health this week?

6 comments:

  1. Here I said yesterday I was trying to limit snacking then last night I was annoyed with a partial onion ring bag in the freezer and made them in the air fryer. I ate more than a portion. I need more strength options. My daughter left another set of hand held weights for me to ease into more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard. When things are around, & I want to use it up, I lose my sense of portion & how many calories I actually "need".

      Delete
  2. I have been dieting with Hubs, but still sneaking in a few treats when he is not with me. I have lost 6 of the 8 lbs I gained over the summer. I would like to lose 5 more, but who knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gained a similar amount this summer. I'd be great losing around 9 lbs total. I'm in good shape, but it would be healthier & better on my knees to be a little trimmer.

      Delete
  3. My snacks have been protein bars from Dive. My favorite one is the trash can cookie one. I’ve been getting out of the house and walking more this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice job getting in more walking! I haven't heard of those bars, but they look delicious. Just looked them up.

      Delete