Saturday, March 21, 2020

Frugal Saturday

This was a mix of shelter in place, and pre-shelter in place. Here are our frugal wins for the week, a bit delayed.

Saving on things we buy

  • Sam has outgrown everything he owns. He's very thin, and now taller than me! It happened overnight, it feels like. I used Rakuten to earn a small amount back on a clothing purchase. 

Earning money

  • I found $.06 at the gym, and $.31 +.$01 at the grocery store. Raking it in!
  • I also sold an item on eBay (for my sister), but the person hasn't paid or responded, so I'm not sure this will come through.

Avoiding spending:

  • I cancelled a flight I was taking in a month, earning $248 back in my airline account, for future purchase
  • I also cancelled my parents flights for spring break (they were visiting, & going to entertain the kids). I used miles, so I received all of the miles back, plus $23 in taxes/fees. 
  • We are menu planning, & eating what we have available, reducing our grocery list as much as possible.
As for today, here's what I'm hoping to do:
  • Organize one side of our garage rack. (The other side contains M's stuff, and he'll need to be involved for that).
  • Pick up the house
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Make yeast rolls for the kiddos
  • Meditate
  • Journal
  • Yoga
  • A long walk (alone) if the weather cooperates
  • Work on the new puzzle
  • Laundry
  • Play a game with the kiddos

What about you? Did you have any frugal wins this week? How are you spending your shelter in place time? 

1 comment:

  1. I've done general cleaning, cooking, reading, playing games, just trying to not go stir crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete