Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday happenings + menu planning

I'm kicking off the day by getting our menu together. Menu planning is more important than ever, as we need to make do with what we have, ensure there is no waste, and manage our assets. Here's what we're planning to make.


  • Friday - we had cauliflower crust pizza (with pepperoni added) while the kids had regular pepperoni pizza
  • Saturday - M will make salmon as his core entree, and I'm going to try a chicken pesto casserole (need to use up that last jar of pesto!)
  • Sunday - Sam & I will attempt homemade pasta & meatballs
  • Monday - chicken alfredo bake
  • Tuesday - leftover chicken pesto casserole
  • Wednesday - pasta & meatballs
  • Thursday -  chicken alfredo
  • Friday - finish up remaining leftovers, or come up with something else


I'm also working on being more intentional about lunch planning, so we use up lingering fridge & pantry items.

Here's what else we'll be up to today:

  1. A walk, if it ever stops raining. If not, a workout DVD
  2. Meditate
  3. Journal
  4. Clean out two dresser drawers
  5. Go through my closet
  6. Work in the yard (weather permitting. Not currently looking promising)
  7. Look for more potential eBay items
  8. Vacuum
  9. Bathrooms
  10. Clean the kitchen
  11. Figure out how to use the audiobook system at the library
That's it from my side. We'll be staying home, with no grocery shopping or errands. Trying to reduce risk & flatten the curve!

What about you? What are your plans for today?

3 comments:

  1. I woke up, baked a raspberry sour cream pie, and cleaned the house. I am just now sitting down after pouring about 3 dozen beeswax tea light candles and a pillar. In about 45 minutes I will head back to the kitchen to make dinner. Tonight, I may work more on a quilt--had a hiccup with it, so, of course, stuffing it in my sewing closet helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy menu plan! I decided to continue my blog so that is what I have been up to. I could not leave my readers in limbo in this crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than walks/ dog walking staying put forsesbaly to April 10. I need to do some rough meal planning as well.

    ReplyDelete