Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Remote learning begins today

It will be very interesting to see how we do, how much help the kiddos need, and just generally how things go. I'm treating today like a bit of an experiment. Based on our learnings, we will adjust our schedules accordingly.

Yesterday was a very mellow day, as I wasn't feeling great. (I think I'm having a mild lupus flare, but the doctor advised me to wait to come in for blood work, given the increased risk of being at the hospital for labs & a visit). We went for a bike ride in the morning, worked on a puzzle, I read a book, and then made dinner. I also found four items to clean out of my house (3 bags & 1 book). I try to find new items to donate, recycle or toss each day.

Here's what's on the list for today:

  1. Help the boys build their schedules. We have 16 different emails, all with various class times, office hours & appointments. It's ... a lot for the kids to manage on their own. We'll need to build in time to help them get organized & adjust to this new system.
  2. Meditate
  3. 3 walks around the block
  4. Journal
  5. Work out
  6. Laundry
  7. Make dinner (leftover crack chicken + salad)
  8. Meal plan & make a shopping list, after we see what arrives in our grocery delivery
  9. Put away tools (this one is for M). We still have tools out after all the furniture assembly this weekend
  10. Many, many calls for work

What about you? What's on your list for today? What are you hoping to accomplish? 


2 comments:

  1. Wow 16 emails? Holy crap that's a bit ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the flare. I can imagine this is pushing those kind of symptoms on all of us with auto immune disorders. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete