Monday, March 30, 2020

Peaceful pruning

I spent much of the weekend pruning an enormous tree in our yard. I describe pruning as peaceful, because it's one  of the only times I'm alone at my house. No one else in my family is anxiously looking for an opportunity to do yard work. :-)

I made meatloaf yesterday (one package of Liptons down, one to go) & coleslaw to go with it. I was out of mayo for the dressing, so subbed Greek yogurt in its place. It wasn't quite as rich, and was a bit tangier, but also healthier. And, everyone ate it, so all was well.

Here's what's on the agenda for today:

  • Work meetings, although it's a pretty light day
  • We're trying a new system with the kids & distance learning, so we'll see how that goes
  • Meditate
  • Journal
  • Yoga
  • 3 walks around the block
  • Leftovers for dinner (probably pesto chicken casserole over spinach)
  • Both kids have Zoom meetups with their soccer teams
  • And, 2 discrete work projects which I'm hoping to wrap up
  • If time permits, I'd like the kids to each work on their soccer skills (exercise is crucial right now, for all of our mental health) & take the neighbor's dog for a walk
  • I'd like to find at least one more item to list on eBay, as a stretch goal

What about you? Do you have a stretch goal for today?

3 comments:

  1. Other than work (we actually are still busy hopefully for a while) I need to go through the freezer and figure out what is for supper. I want to wash the kitchen window and put some easter type stuff there - need something else to look at. Maybe dust....not something I love but if I break up housework it seems to go better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stretch goal is to make a new flower bed. (Clear the grass, arrange the rock border) It probably won't happen because it seems the weather and I are like ships that pass in the night.
    You seem to have gotten into your groove! My h.s. freshman worked through his packet--his time is now is own--that was a better lesson than anything sent home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work was very busy today. It's been hard to get some firm decisions from those above, and They keep trying to please everyone, which is not possible. Tomorrow is quite busy as well, and the days feel very long.

    ReplyDelete