Thursday, August 5, 2021

July Goals Recap

And just like that, July is gone! Here's how I did with my goals this month. Overall, M & I had lots of fabulous adult time, my fitness slid a bit due to a bunch of splurging & eating out & everything else was pretty much as expected. It was a lovely & relaxing month, which I don't feel like I say often. ;-) 

Financial:

  • Close on our vacation house & move funds to mortgage. Both are done, but there's a lingering item remaining. More on that in a subsequent post.
  • Stick to our budget - we were WAY over on eating out, courtesy of some child free dates
  • Make $300 in side hustle - I worked hard at this in July, and made $317. 
Family:
  • Take advantage of alone time with M, with dates & a long weekend together. Done & done. Fabulous times were had by all.
  • Start planning our family holiday trip in December. Booked our lodging, and worked with the family on dates.

Fitness:

  • Lose 3 lbs - I did not lose any weight, and gained back two pounds. Must focus on this in August. I have a lot less going on, travel wise, which will definitely help. 
  • Run 10 times - I ran 7 times
  • Complete 12 strength workouts - I did complete my strength workouts
  • Meditate 10 times - I really fell off the meditation wagon, and only got in 4 meditations

Personal:

  • Relist all eBay items - done, x2 for both trips
  • Give away or donate all items put aside for Buy Nothing group - I had about a 90% success rate. I still have a few things I'll re-post on Buy Nothing. I've found putting together a bunch of stuff draws more interest, and people are willing to come pick up multiple items. It's harder when it's just one offs. 
  • Stay on top of garden, try a few new recipes - Yes, for the most part. I pickled peppers (multiple batches), made pico de gallo & tried a couple of new zucchini recipes - zucchini fritters & baked zucchini coins. Both were delicious. 
  • Write, for at least 30 minutes - Nope. For some reason, this has been a struggle. 


That's it for me for July! How did you do for the month? 




 

3 comments:

  1. Eating out for date nights is a win though, so glad you saw it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay take advantage of that time,you will never regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you have to take advantage of child free times! It's in the rule book somewhere!

    ReplyDelete