Monday, August 30, 2021

Menu plan Monday

 Here's our menu for the week. I'll report in on the new chicken recipe, linked below. 


  • Friday - gyozas, baked chicken, fruit & green salad
  • Saturday - out to dinner 
  • Sunday -  tomato & red pepper soup, grilled cheese with homemade bread
  • Monday chicken shawarma 
  • Tuesday - beef tacos & guacamole
  • Wednesday - potentially takeout, or leftovers
  • Thursday -  tacos
  • Friday - Pizza at home
That's it on our side. Nick informed me that he's not a fan of the tomato & red pepper soup, and will only eat plain tomato soup next time around, so I'll need to sub that in. It was great to have an easy meal to make, particularly since Nick made the loaf of bread. Yum!

What about you? What's on your menu this week? 

6 comments:

  1. I can never plan for the whole week. Generally I shop once a week or every ten days for fresh veggies and salad fixings. I stock up on meat products may be bi-weekly? Then I plan my cooking around not wasting any of the produce. I will be leaving for a long trip next Monday so, I am using up the meat products in the freezer. There will be nothing left by Thursday. Today I am having my own recipe of tabouleh and lettuce plus the leftover eggplant I had made the other day. For lunch, I had a steak and green beans so, dinner will be on the lighter side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go for a plan more like that if it was just me. I'm rarely home in the evenings (driving people around), so I tend to prep the food Friday-Sunday & then we eat leftovers during the week. It's not very glamorous, but it works for the phase of life we're in right now.

      I love tabouleh! I need to make some soon.

      Delete
  2. Yum, tacos and pizza, which are two of my favorite things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I could eat both very often. Throw in some nachos, & I'd be in heaven!!

      Delete
  3. Mmm, that soup sounds fantastic.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious & easy - definitely a good staple to keep on hand.

      Delete