Sunday, August 15, 2021

Cute peppers, the first day of school & all of the zucchini

I know everyone will be relieved to hear that I gave away three zucchini to a friend yesterday, and my neighbor is back in town & would like another two zucchini. I also shredded up a large one yesterday, and made three dozen zucchini muffins. Of course, there are still many on the vine, a few in the fridge, not to mention all of the shredded zucchini in my freezer. Waste not, want not.

I love these cute peppers. Twins. 


I did pretty much everything on the list yesterday, but I didn't make baked zucchini coins for dinner. We opted for a peach mozzarella/basil salad, and a green salad. Nick made an amazing mango habanero sauce for wings, and it was so good we're making more wings tonight. The sauce was incredible. 

Tomorrow is the first day of school, so we're getting everything ready for that - backpacks cleaned out, PE uniforms & school supplies gathered, bike tires inflated, etc.

Here's what's on the to do list for today:

  1. Clean the kitchen (again, after Nick was in there)
  2. Vacuum
  3. Package & mail an eBay sale
  4. Pickle a batch of peppers
  5. Take Sam to a soccer game
  6. Work out
  7. Laundry (always)
  8. Have a glass of wine by the pool with M
I think that will do it for today. How about you? What are you up to today?

4 comments:

  1. Doing laundry again today. We did a big grocery order yesterday and ate dinner late, so today I had to put all that food away and clean up the kitchen. I’ve also been folding laundry, making tea, feeding cats, and all the other things that get done daily here.

    I hope the boys have a great year in school and everything starts off well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some chores are just a daily thing, aren't they?

      Thank you - we are looking forward to a good school year. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Good luck to your boys in this school year! Mine start on Thursday. Today I am cleaning house, trying to get it back in shape after an extremely busy week and a busy week ahead. This includes laundry, sorting boys clothes, cleaning litter boxes and bathrooms, etc. Hopefully, maybe, get some reading in too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to put away the laundry. The muscadine jam needs to have the seeds removed. I saved a few seeds before they were cooked to try and make more vines. I need to cook dinner later. It is just a hum drum, rainy day. A good day.

    ReplyDelete