I was out of town on Friday, so I'm just getting back into the swing of things. Here's what we did this week.
Saving on things we buy
- Returned another sunblock to Rite Aid (sadly, the recalled brand was my favorite) & this time they just credited me back on my card. Last time I earned a gift card. I think I've corralled up all of the sunblock, but we keep it in lots of bags & places, to ensure we always have it on hand when we need it.
- Uploaded receipts to iBotta & Fetch. Saved a bit here & there.
- Used a grocery store gift card to get $20 of groceries for "free". Combined that with a double points offer, and iBotta, which made it a slightly better deal. I bought the kids sports drinks for their summer camp (a rare treat, but 8 hours of soccer a day & 80 degree weather means I'll allow ;-)), picked up some pasta & a few other things we needed.
- I've continued to sell a few things on eBay:
- A set of face masks
- A dress shirt
- A knit hat
- A camera (from the beach house)
- Posted an ask for Amazon (or other types) of padded mailing envelopes. I received a ton, which is great. I will use them to package my eBay sales. I also had quite a few people say that they would start saving them, as they loved keeping them out of landfills, and getting extra use.
Eating what we have
- We continued to eat a lot of delicious stuff out of the garden, in our salads, and making caprese with tomatoes & basil. Current harvests include: green peppers, cucumbers, strawberries, mint, Greek basil, tomatoes (just a few, due to the squirrels), zucchini & banana peppers.
- Used up a bunch of fruit in smoothies for lunch this week. Nectarines, peaches, & blueberries. I was also able to use up frozen bananas & strawberries. I love smoothies for summer lunches. Filling & cooling, and a great way to use up produce.
- Ate leftover Greek takeout for lunch on Saturday
- Pickled a variety of peppers & chiles in a mixed batch for M
- Made a triple batch of pico de gallo, to use up a bunch of tomatoes & jalapenos
- Made a double batch of coleslaw (I always shred my own cabbage & carrots) to use up a head of cabbage that was getting old
- Made breaded zucchini coins, to accompany dinner
- Continued to give things away on Buy Nothing
- Checked in on my volunteer job
- Made a donation to a cause dear to my Mom's heart, as a thank you
What about you? Any wins to report?