Friday, October 14, 2022

Frugal Friday

 The weekend was not terribly frugal, but was so, so much fun! I'm grateful for the unexpected family time. Here are a few frugal wins we managed. 

Saving on things we buy

  • I earned a few free classes, by taking advantage of a promotion at Orange Theory (workout studio)
  • I also submitted my volunteer hours for the boys soccer club, earning me $100 off of each of their registration fees.

Earning money

  • Listed a few things on eBay, and sold a skirt. 

Avoiding spending

  • Took advantage of a free flu shot at work, in addition to: workout classes, food/drinks, & electric car charging. 
  • Canceled Amazon prime
  • Sam passed his driver's test on the first try, which saves us money. (Taking it again costs money, but the first round is free/covered by the permit fees.) 

Eating what we have

  • I had leftover chicken for lunch one day, and finished off a bagged salad that was about to go bad. Chicken salad is one of my favorite quick lunch options.
  • M made rice to accompany dinner one night, and we pulled out chicken from the freezer, for a quick & easy option. 

For others

  • I submitted my volunteer hours for the soccer club to my employer. They donate money for each hour I volunteer, as a match. 
What about you? Any wins to share?

6 comments:

  1. $100 off registration fees by volunteering is wonderful! I need to get my flu shot too, I’ve just not been to the doctor this month to do it. Thanks for the reminder. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good option. Club soccer is pricey, and it's nice to help a bit.

      Delete
  2. I've been utterly messed up this week but the two frugal things I did manage were to redeem some free prints from Walgreens and made a couple pantry dinners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that next week is way better for you!

      Delete
  3. Yea for Sam! I am very impressed by his doing so. Less work for you I trust. Roderick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of that practice driving, and lots of trips to the DMV are paying off!

      Delete