Sunday, October 30, 2022

Vacation daydreaming, & Sunday things

 I dropped my parents off at the airport this morning, and then took Sam for brunch. He is a lovely companion, and chatted with me about all manner of things. I love this age. Nick & M are in Las Vegas for a soccer tournament, so I'll be back to the airport this evening, to pick them up. Nick has been absolutely spoiled by M, who used a bunch of his comps to arrange fun meals for the two of them. They've been living it up. So happy they are having a great time.

Tomorrow is back to reality, and I'm having a hard time being motivated today. I have no energy, so I'm just sort of rolling with it. Tomorrow will come soon enough, regardless! I did wash the sheets, do a bunch of laundry & I have chicken & dumplings going in the crock pot. Yum.

I'm also dreaming of Hawaii... the hotel had these amazing covered pool chairs, which I appreciated every day. I don't like being directly in the sun, so these were perfect. M & I had the long conversations, talked about the future, and just laughed & enjoyed each other. Those moments are so rare during our normal lives, that they were really special.


Everyone has wild weeks next week. M has a friend in town, my manager is in town (which means lots of evenings & team dinners), the boys have club practice & school tryouts, & then Sam takes the SATs this weekend. And, weekend soccer, of course. :-) It's really back to real life!

Here's hoping you all get a few moments today, to relax & think about something lovely ahead. 



10 comments:

  1. The time one on one with teens is critical. The time to also talk uninterrupted by life with M was great too. We to had a day to get stuff done, laundry, but also some church time, and if course football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chairs look amazing. I am glad that you had a great vacation.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfection for me. I love the warm weather, but need the shade!

      Delete
  3. "Tomorrow will come soon enough, regardless! " Sometimes this gets me through the day. One foot in front of the other, step by step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true. I need to remind myself of this at times.

      Delete
  4. This is such a busy time in your life so enjoy it, those boys will be off before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. They are living up these teen years ;-)

      Delete
  5. I’m so glad to hear y’all had such a great time in Hawaii! Your week does indeed sound busy! Hope it’s a great one and that you can get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a fabulous time. I've struggled getting into the groove this week, for sure. My manager laughed at me today, because I keep referring to my "Hawaii" brain. I think I'm going to have to let that excuse go, after tomorrow.

      Delete