Monday, November 7, 2022

Menu Plan Monday

 The weeks are whizzing by, and the weather has definitely taken a turn to feel fall like around here! We are also in a slightly different season, with boys activities, etc. The one standard is that we're always busy. Here's what's on the menu for the week.

  • Friday - We were at an anniversary party, and the boys ate at the football game
  • Saturday - M made rice & chicken
  • Sunday - M, on a cooking roll, made Philly cheese steaks
  • Monday - I'm trying a new recipe for one pot creamy pesto chicken
  • Tuesday - rice & chicken, take 2
  • Wednesday - cheese steaks, take 2
  • Thursday - pesto chicken, take 2
  • Friday - tbd. If Nick is eating with us, maybe pizza. If not, potentially wings & gyozas
What about you? What's on your menu for the week? Are you adjusting your menu for the change of seasons? Any fun fall recipes to share?

9 comments:

  1. Please let us know how the pesto chicken turns out. I love pesto and would like to try it too. I'm not a fan of cooking with cream cheese though, so I might substitute it with heavy cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe was great, and I think heavy cream could definitely be subbed. I personally will make the pasta separately next time, as I found a few bits were crunchy & had over/under cooked. I have to make some plain pasta for my pickier eater, so it would have been easier this way, and then just add it in. But, I really liked the flavors. I didn't have spinach, but did add sundried tomatoes. Yum!

      Delete
  2. I know there are bacon wrapped pork tenderloins and maybe steaks still freezer. I feel meals have really been lacking and both of those might be a treat for husband. It's definitely soup week and I have fixings for chicken tortellini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been pouring buckets here for a few days. Soup sounds fabulous!

      Delete
  3. Well, I am definitely going to thaw a whole chicken and we are going to finish the eggplant parm tonight. Then who knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Costco, and was shocked that they are $4.99. That is so cheap, compared the equivalent amount of chicken meat you can buy & prep (potentially except for a whole chicken, as I don't buy those regularly).

      Delete
  4. Sounds good. I roasted carrots with a slice potato yesterday and just now threw Turkey wings in a cast iron skillet, and will eat that with the carrots. The Turkey wings were not planned but I seldom follow plans anyway so…. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love roasted carrots. Do you prep turkey wings the same way as chicken wings?

      Delete
    2. I just threw the Turkey wings in oven and put them into the cast iron skillet that was slightly coated with oil, put salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice on it and called it good…. Lol. Cindy in the South

      Delete