Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saturday Happenings

I really need the weekend, to decompress from work & try to take a mental break from all of the drama. Next week is also going to be a very intense week, and I'm doing my best not to borrow trouble & worry about next week over the weekend. I'm doing just an "okay" job at that, at the moment. 

Our freezers are both packed, so I need to also make sure we're making good progress cleaning them out, and menu plan accordingly. 

Here's what's on the agenda for today:

  • I was able to switch to an early workout class, because our morning schedule changed a bit
  • Sam's soccer game
  • Nick's tennis tournament
  • M is grilling burgers
  • Costco
  • Trader Joes
  • See if we can fix Nick's $$$ cleats, so we can wear them tomorrow for his game
  • Ensure lazy teens clean their rooms
  • Laundry
  • Sort out the boys phone plans
That's it from my side. What about you? What are you up to today?

9 comments:

  1. I overdid a few errands, but now feel knackered. But, after a rest, my daughter and I will tackle some jam making them make chili. Pup will need a walk, but he's feeling very Saturday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got the jam & chili made, and enjoyed a walk with Pup!

      Delete
  2. Just working on projects. While I am making progress still nothing much completely done. I need to get my rear in gear as the saying goes.

    Oh, and the oven is not fixable by Harvey so we will be phoning the appliance guy on Monday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to get the appliance repair person out quickly. It's no phone not to have an oven!

      Delete
  3. Good idea to not borrow trouble. I struggle with that at times too. I’ve never been to Costco, but I want to go some day, maybe in the new year. We rearranged furniture and deep cleaned and did laundry yesterday. The house looks good, but I was tired at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel really accomplished at the end of a day like that, but you're right - it's super tiring!

      Delete
    2. I’ve heard that if someone can give you a Costco gift card you can shop in the store and just pay cash for your overages. Maybe check to see if that’s current?

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry about the work stress. Hopefully the family time you've listed with the boys and their games were a needed distraction, and the burgers delicious. 'Make lazy teens clean their rooms' made me laugh - isn't that the truth, 😄.

    Over here we went on a hike on a trail that has particularly gorgeous views of the ocean and two nearby islands to the west, and snow covered mountains to the east. Dinner out with friends in the evening, then back to our place for dessert and more conversation. Good day!

    Tamara R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your day sounds fabulous, as always! Love your retirement life.

      Saturday was a good day. Nick won his tennis tournament, Sam played great & they won their last soccer game of the fall club season. I wasn't home from when I woke up until dinner, but hey, sometimes the days are like that. I definitely was kept busy. ;-)

      Delete