Monday, November 21, 2022

Menu Plan Monday

 I'm hoping this week will be much less stressful than last week. A girl can dream, right? I have Thursday & Friday off of work, which I'm really looking forward to. 

  • Friday - wings & gyozos
  • Saturday - sesame chicken + rice (really liked this recipe, and it will go into the rotation).
  • Sunday - taco skillet (made into burritos for the teen). Eh, thought it needed more seasoning, & it was just "okay". Will likely not make again.  
  • Monday - spaghetti & meatballs
  • Tuesday - sesame chicken
  • Wednesday - butternut squash soup & either baguette or homemade foccacia
  • Thursday - Thanksgiving! We'll be having:
    • Pomegranate martinis/cider + goat cheese crostini (happy hour)
    • Steak
    • Mashed potatoes
    • Roasted acorn squash
    • Green beans
    • Chocolate cake/pumpkin pie. Nick & I are not pumpkin pie fans, and he's voted for the cake. M & Sam will have the traditional pie, with ice cream. 
  • Friday - Thanksgiving leftovers (minus the steak) + chicken for protein
What about you? What are you having this week?

11 comments:

  1. I don't many blogs but yours is always one that motivates and inspires me! I blogged many years ago and after reading how you're able to hold yourself accountable, I may start writing again as to keep myself accountable to my own goals. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks! That's so lovely to hear. I appreciate it. And, good luck with your own goals! I really do find that it helps to write them down. The act of doing so seems to anchor it a bit more in my mind.

      Delete
  2. I just have so much to do, and I think it will be a grab as you go week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your Thanksgiving menu sounds terrific. I am a turkey fan and all your sides sound good with any protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking forward to it! Hungry teens will definitely eat a lot. :-)

      Delete
  4. Yum, your menu sounds awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing the sesame chicken recipe. I bookmarked it to make it later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Thanksgiving menu sounds so delicious, especially Happy Hour & dessert! :) I'm going to try that sesame chicken recipe too. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the sesame chicken recipe. Precious

    ReplyDelete