Tuesday, November 1, 2022

October Goals Recap

 The month flew by (as always, really), so let's see how I did with my goals.

Financial:

  • Stick to our budget. - it was an expensive month. We booked holiday flights (so, so $$$), added Sam to our car insurance, and went on vacation.
  • Progress towards side hustle goals. - I actually used up a few gift cards (Target, Panera, Uber) & made some money selling things on eBay. 
  • Continue work on plan & budget for when I leave work - we are considering a different budget approach, and working through that.
  • Go through eBay inventory. - I listed a few additional things, & sold them. I need to finish going through the rest of my inventory.
  • Stick to our budget while on vacation - yes! We came in just a bit under budget
Family:
  • One activity with the kids - M took Nick to Las Vegas, and they had a lot of fun together. Sam & I went to brunch, and out to dinner a different night. 
  • Help Nick with learning to drive - yes!
  • Help Sam with practice & take him for the driving test - Yes, and he passed!
  • Two dates with M - yes, an entire lovely vacation
  • Connect with M's family - we've been texting. 
  • Continue 2023 travel planning - still in the works
Fitness/Health:
  • Post weekly fitness summaries - yes, minus the week I was traveling
  • Match September's calories burned - I was about 400 calories short, out of a total of 18,400. I blame two days with 6 hour flights. 
  • Close rings 25 days - 29 times! In fact, I got up at 4 am the day we left to get in a workout. 
  • Take advantage of workout classes - yes, lots of workout classes at the office, at the gym & at the hotel we stayed at
  • Meditate 5 x - still didn't manage to make that happen
  • Lose 2 lbs - I lost these pounds before our trip, but will need to work to get them gone again. 
Personal:
  • Do something social with friends - I had an impromptu trip to Portland, where I saw my sister & BFF & ran a race with them. 
  • Continue volunteer roles - yep!
  • More thinking on "post career work" life/goals - not much happened here, but I'm ticking away the days. 
What about you? How did you do with your goals for the month? Any wins to share?

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to set a few subdued goals for November. I fell like I've been so focused on every one else, little attention back to us. I'm so pleased you met so many family and personal goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few goals make sense. Maybe a few fun ones, and something more practical

      Delete
  2. I kind of fell off the monthly goal band wagon, as life has gotten so chaotic. But I am glad to say I stayed on budget for my trip and just paid off the CC. So I am tickled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work paying off your credit card & staying on budget!

      Delete
  3. What a great month! New Drivers and just flat out expensive, but it comes with the territory of having a kid.

    ReplyDelete