Sunday, December 18, 2022

It's Sunday

The weekend has been rushing by, and somehow, I haven't been productive enough. That's how I feel at the end of most weekends, however. ;-) 

Nick's team ended up winning first place in the pre-season tournament they've been participating in. The game went to a PK shootout, as they were tied in regular play. It was very exciting! They were all so happy yesterday - it was super fun to see, and worth those early morning field arrival times. 

I went to my workout class, ran errands, helped Nick shop for a secret Santa gift, did laundry, made a shopping list, went to two grocery stores, & made dinner. 

Nick & I both went to bed super early last night, and I got a ton of sleep, so I'm grateful for that. M took Nick to a World Cup viewing party with his soccer team, and they were out of the house by 6:30 this morning. 

I got up early as well (that's what happens when you go to bed early), and have been enjoying a relaxing morning so far. Here's what else we're up to today:

  • Workout class
  • Boys - study for finals & call my parents
  • Laundry
  • Clean the house
  • Start packing list for next week & ski trip
  • Make muffins
  • Meet a friend for a walk
That will pretty much take the day! What about you? What are you up to today? Are you working on finishing up any holiday prep?

6 comments:

  1. That's so fun for Nick! I can see why an early bed time was in order. I'm at my daughter's and can't get the game. We've had a good morning-she went to the gym and I hung out with the dog. We're going to a dog park fundraiser now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe the World Cup ended in PKs. M reports that the kids were transfixed by the game, and jumping up & down screaming. Sounds hilarious! Enjoy the dog park fundraiser.

      Delete
  2. Penalty kicks are very exciting to me.

    Your day sounds very well planned.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely exciting! The teens loved watching the finals of the World Cup as well.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the win!
    I hope you day was filled with only good things (except that house cleaning does not sound like fun)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get most of the house cleaning done, but the dreaded vacuuming awaits me.

      Delete