Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday Things

It was a very, very rainy day yesterday. We certainly need the rain, but I prefer not to be out in the downpour for hours, watching soccer. ;-) On the positive side, Nick's team shut out their opponents in an 8-0 win, with Nick scoring one. He's a defender, so this is unusual. He scored off a free kick, with a header, which has been his goal for the season. Who doesn't want a header goal, World Cup style? ;-) 

M treated me to a pomegranate martini when I got home, which was very appreciated. I fell asleep on the sofa, which is unusual for me, and slept for over ten hours last night! Apparently, I really needed the sleep.

As for today, I have a long list of to dos, but I think I'll push my holiday bread making to next weekend.

  • Schedule for the week
  • Workout schedule for the week
  • Make a list of all remaining Christmas items to pick up, order, cards to write, etc
  • Defrost dinner items for tomorrow
  • Make tacos
  • Laundry
  • Pick up a few Buy Nothing items
  • List more items for Buy Nothing
  • Finish my wreath
  • Workout class
  • Investigate savings/retirement accounts for boys, with their 2022 earned income
  • Call my parents
  • Make crostini
  • Calculus tutor at 4:00 (thankfully, not for me)
What about you? What are you up to today? I hope everyone has a lovely day!

13 comments:

  1. I hate it had to be so rainy for the game, but yay for that score for Nick! Sounds like you have a long to-do list, but I’m sure you will knock it out in no time! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot done! It's so nice not to have a soccer game today.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Nick on scoring! When my kids played sports, I hated being in the rain. Thankfully with choir they are usually inside ;) I puttered around the house today after church, doing laundry, made some muffins and cookies, cleaned up our master bedroom, etc.
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a fun day! My nephew wrestles, and I'm a little jealous that all sporting events take place indoors!

      Delete
  3. That is so smart to do retirement accounts for the boys. We opened IRAs (in index funds-low cost, aggressive growth) with gifts in the amounts earned at teenage summer jobs. Just a few hundred bucks each, but they learned early on the importance of long term saving and watching their accounts. These kids are almost 30 now and max out retirement savings at their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good for them to see the value of their hard work. We match it, as a gift, and that way, they get some to spend, some to save, some to donate, and then we help them with longer term future savings.

      Delete
  4. Sorry that the weather did not cooperate for the game, but congratulations to Nick for scoring a header goal.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sitting through a soccer game in the rain reminded me of many rainy, snowy football games when the boys played in high school. They are good memories.

    You are doing a good thing teaching the boys how to save while they are young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the soccer games, but not some of the brutal temps and conditions. Congratulations to Nick and M is welcome to mix up martinis for me anytime. That sounds so festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M makes those martinis for Christmas, and they are a top favorite!

      Delete
  7. How neat for Nick! It’s rainy here today too, which we can always use so I won’t complain. You had a long list of things to do. I worked on processing clothes for Bailey’s shops. Nothing too exciting. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also need the rain. I'm happy for it, but prefer to be a bit more bundled inside. ;-)

      Delete