Monday, December 12, 2022

Menu Plan Monday

 It's a very busy work week, with three 8 am meeting days, and several later evenings. Organization & planning will be key this week.

Here's our menu:

  • Friday - it was a bit of a choose your own adventure. Nick had two sandwiches before a game with a friend. Sam had samosas, before he went to meet a friend at their work. Which, incidentally was a bakery, and he came home with a bag of treats they were planning to toss. I had leftover chicken enchilada skillet, and M had salmon & the last of cauliflower crust pizza. 
  • Saturday - M grilled chicken, and I made spinach dip to go with it. Sam found the spinach dip earlier in the day, however, so... there wasn't much left. ;-) 
  • Sunday - pulled pork sandwiches + coleslaw
  • Monday - leftover grilled chicken
  • Tuesday - lasagna (freezer)
  • Wednesday - pulled porch sandwiches
  • Thursday - I think I'm meeting friends, so the boys will likely eat pizza 
  • Friday - TBD. Maybe an appetizer like dinner, with coconut shrimp & gyozos. 
What about you? What's on your menu this week?

4 comments:

  1. I'm making a crockpot mock lasagne which might yield two meals if I don't freeze. I finally bought vegetables so am excited to do a whole big roasted sheet pan with rice. I also bought a pork loin, again multiple meals this week or refroze for future weeks, but will include stir fry, pulled pork sandwiches, and maybe a stew with homemade bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made pulled pork in the crockpot yesterday, and while I liked the flavor, they were soggy on buns. How do you serve yours? Do you toast the buns first? Do you serve them on slider rolls, to reduce them getting soggy? I may crisp the meat up a bit in the oven before serving, to hope reduce the liquid.

      Your lasagne sounds great!

      Delete
  2. We're making a chili recipe this week which should provide for plenty of leftovers. Making a pork loin in the crockpot with salsa verde; this will also yield plenty of leftovers. Later in the week we'll grill some steaks and serve with sautéed mushrooms and onions. Taking the easy way out this week with a plan for having some evenings where I won't have to cook at all and we can eat leftovers. I like your idea for an appetizer dinner; we'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to change the menu around a bit this week as we went out for supper with my sister and her husband on Saturday. Not really too hard to do.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete