We loved the tacos el pastor recipe last week, and the pot roast was a modest success. I'd say that none of us our big pot roast fans, so I wouldn't blame it on the recipe.
It's another busy week ahead, with my parents arriving on Thursday. M & I are planning to head to Napa on Friday for a weekend getaway, and I'm quite excited about that.
Here's what's on the menu for the week:
- Friday - salmon & wings (M), leftover egg roll in a bowl with wings for others
- Saturday - grilled chicken & tortellini
- Sunday - kebabs & rice
- Monday - leftover chicken & tortellini
- Tuesday - tacos
- Wednesday - leftover kebabs & rice
- Thursday - my parents arrive. We will likely do takeout, as it's a crazy day of driving & meetings, & sports & airport pickup
- Friday - M & I will be eating out! I have outdoor reservations for us for both Friday & Saturday. My parents will probably do takeout with the boys
What about you? What's on your menu plan for the week?
Do you freeze your leftovers for later in the week? I am intrigued by the idea of cooking on the weekend and eating all week, but generally 2-3 days would be my limit for feeling the leftovers were still safe in the refrigerator - especially ground meats.ReplyDelete
Hi Christy. We don't typically freeze the leftovers. I have a pretty sensitive stomach (my husband has the stomach of a goat, and can eat any food, regardless of date or food quality). Our rule is 4-5 days, & I prefer to stick to the 4 day window. We often do something like this, though. For example, I know we will have grilled chicken & ravioli this week & had it last week. I keep the grilled chicken (frozen, from a huge batch my husband made) in dinner sized portions, and then just defrost one bag the morning of the day we're eating it.Delete
I do think freezing would be totally fine, especially if you have family members who don't prefer to do just a 1-2 day gap between meals.
Sounds good. Enjoy your parent's visit and your weekend away!ReplyDelete
I'm so looking forward to both!Delete
Enjoy your get away. Your menu always sounds fresh and a night of take out makes sense.ReplyDelete
I hope you have a wonderful trip.ReplyDelete
I plan on trying the taco recipe. It sounds delicious. We have the pot roast a couple of times a year and really do like it, but I do not use a chuck roast. It is too fatty for my tastes.